Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

working on personal edition but taking the licence from sever machine will still reduce the performance of server

Hi,

at my case server is installed in one machine and we installed personal edition and using the licence from the server, the perfomance is very slow for the qlikview document:

1) Do i need to increase the configuration of server like ram and all, or configuration of my system. we are just taking the licence, we are not exporting into the server.

please advice

thanks,

Sreeharsha V

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

yes, my computer is B, computer A is my server, my document is not available on the server, i am just leasng the license from the server, working on my local document.

so if i wanted to increase my qlikview document performance do i need to increase the computer B performance right?

thanks.

Sreeharsha V

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't fully understand.

You have two computers, A and B. A is your server and holds several documents, right?

B is your computer, you lease license from A and work locally on a document, right?

Are you saying that the license lease decreases performance on the server?

If you open a document locally on computer B, the server's performance does not play a role here, only your computer B's configuration.

Not applicable
Author

yes, my computer is B, computer A is my server, my document is not available on the server, i am just leasng the license from the server, working on my local document.

so if i wanted to increase my qlikview document performance do i need to increase the computer B performance right?

thanks.

Sreeharsha V

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Either increase the performance of your computer B or work on better application performance (limit data set to only needed records / fields, check the expressions, etc).