3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 10:06 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

    Management console not working

    Friedrich Hofmann


      Hi,

       

      we have a mayor problem with the automated update of all our QlikView apps via the QlikView Management_console (scheduler): None of the apps there are run automatically - none at all.

      - There is one app that draws data from our database and generates a lot of qvd files.

      => A data_model is created in another app from a number of these qvd files and some Excel files

      => The most important Dashboards use a BINARY LOAD to draw on these data_models.

       

      What makes the story even stranger is the fact that even my latest developments which draw only on Excel files, not on qvd files, are not run automatically.

       

      Furthermore, it all seems to have been working fine till Sunday. I just came back from holiday on Monday, so I did not check, but there were qvd files with Sunday's date.

       

      Last, but not least, my superior can log on to the Server and then he can open ("locally") and reload any apps and they seem to run without error. The management_console, however, will still say "Failed" afterwards.

       

      The execution of most reloads stops with a Null_exception of some sort - I attach the last line of the log file where it stops. There seem to be others, too, however.

       

      My idea is now that all the odds point towards some malfunction in the management_console - since my superior can manually reload anything, there cannot be an error there.

       

      Can anyone offer any advice here? This is quite a critical problem for us since we just have no up-to-date data. Any help would thus be very welcome.

       

      Thanks a lot!

      Best regards,

       

      DataNibbler

        • Re: Management console not working
          Marcus Sommer

          Have you checked if the server-user (under which the services run) had the proper access rights?

           

          - Marcus

          • Re: Management console not working
            Bill Britt

            It appears you are trying to do a distribution and you have not selected anyone to recieve the file. See the below.

             

            qv11.2 SR2-2013-08-27-09-57-34.png

              • Re: Management console not working
                Friedrich Hofmann

                Hi,

                 

                thanks for the quick answer!

                It looks good now. Our support partner finally had the idea, though the reason was actually simple and our own IT was pretty close - we don't have an actual QlikView_administrator...

                The reason was simply this: On the server, we have set up a specific QlikView_user that has all the access_rights necessary. This user, however, was created like any regular Windows-user and thus its password expired after a certain period. I changed it yesterday - it seems to have expired on Sunday - but apparently, it can/ must be specified in the management_console also so that the user can actually start the QlikView_services.

                We are awaiting tomorrow's automated runs, but we are now "cautiously hopeful", as the politicians say ;-)

                 

                Thanks once more!

                Best regards,

                 

                DataNibbler