Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change the x-axis dimension dynamically?

Hi Friends,

Help me to resolve this problem. I have 4-different types of chart in a single page. Each charts has its own x-axis dimension value.

I have a List Box object in the same page which has 5-chart-Type. However when i select the chart-type from list box it will show all 4-charts related to the chart-type gets loaded on page based on the calculation. At this point i also need to change the x-axis dimension dynamically as-well. Kindly share your ideas.

The problem was, I have assigned the x-axis dimension statically.

Thank you,

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In Dimension tab use Add Calculated dimension to conditionally get the dimension like this

If(Condition1, Dim1, If(Condition2, Dim2, Dim3))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

hi

suppose  fieldname of listbox is type.

now then in chart1--> dimension--> calculated dimension---> if(type = charttype1, Dimensionfield)

similarly

in chart2--> dimension--> calculated dimension---> if(type = charttype2, Dimensionfield)

similarly

in chart3--> dimension--> calculated dimension---> if(type = charttype3, Dimensionfield)

similarly

in chart4--> dimension--> calculated dimension---> if(type = charttype4, Dimensionfield)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your useful reply. I will apply all the possible that you have suggested for me and let you know.

Regards,

--Thiru

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

If you are using Qlikview 11 then this work

in chart2--> dimension--> calculated dimension---> if(type = charttype2, Dimensionfield)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for you reply. I will try with your idea and let you know.

Regards,

--Thiru