1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 12:49 AM by Karl Pover RSS

Load field from joining table based on if condition satisfied from sub string value from left table

Hello All,

I am new to QLIKVIEW. I am implementing one functionality and I am stuck at one place. The scenario is as below:

There are two tables and i need to implement a left join among them. The conditions are as below:

Table A: having fields: Field1(Key1), Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5

Table B: Having fields: FieldA(Key2), FieldB, FieldC, FieldD

I want to add new fields in final table based on some calculations. New fields to be added as: NewField1, NewField2

Conditions is:        if (mid(Field2,2,1)=B) then

NewField1='00000'&''&mid(Field2,4,3)    /* For example it will become 00000653*/

NewField2=TableB.FieldB(NewField1)   /* Now 00000653 value maps to key of Table B and against to                                                                                                              00000653, FieldB value of Table B should be assigned to                                                                                                                NewField2. Here 00000653 will have characterstics of                                                                                                                    FieldA(Key2) of Table B*/

end if

I want to perform as below: Table A and B are memory tables already loaded in QVW.

[Table C]:

Load *,NewField1, NewField2 resident TableA

left join([Table C])

Load FieldA, FieldB resident Table B;   /* Join is based on Field1 and FieldA*/

I hope I have put in my query clearly. Kindly share how it can be implemented in QLIKVIEW.

Thanks and Regards,

Kulbir