Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Datepicker

Hello

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a datepicker in qlikview?

I thinking like this:

So Dato fra: is my from date, and Dato til: is my to date ?

Capture.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview has a Slider/Calendar object. You can add two of those objects and choose Calendar as the Input Style. See this tutorial for an example: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview has a Slider/Calendar object. You can add two of those objects and choose Calendar as the Input Style. See this tutorial for an example: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

you mean  object type "calendar object".  just click on new object and create two of them. in the first one define a minvalue (min(date)) and  variable (E.g. with your min date) and same with max(date) etc. for the "To-Date" object

Not applicable
Author

can i referer variables to this? - So if i input a date in the first i could make a variable called Datefrom and so on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it can be based on a field or on a variable - you choose.  See tab "General", in the object properties.  Create variablesDateFrom and DateTo, and use them in your calendar objects.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thx, I know this is strange right. But when i give you a sample file, the variables work. But when i load all my data from QVD.qvw they doesnt work? Is that not strange?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If variable exists, the calendar object works...  Can you describe the "doesn't work"?

Not applicable
Author

Yes i can:

I have this secnario:

SourceLoad.qvw - Loads all my data from the source and store this into QVD files

QVDLOAD.qvw - Loads all the data from my qvd files

Design.qvw - Binary loads the data from QVDLOAD.qvw

In the first 2 documents, my variables work, and i can see when things change - But in my binary load, nothing happens even if i follow the video gysbert posted.

Is it because i have putten my variables in the first document (I set my variables in edit script)

Maybe i should only do it in design.qvw?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Binary loads copies data (fields) but not the variables.  You have to create the variables to make it work, I guess.

Not applicable
Author

Or maybe because i use Alternate state on sheet level?

But shouldnt my variable be able to pick on when is inherited?