Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Expression Label Colour in Bar Chart

Hello everybody. How do I change the colour of the Expression Label in a Bar Chart? I can change tables using custom format but the Expression colour seems impossible to change in a bar chart. I can't find any setting where this can be changed. NB I can work around with titles in chart etc but this adds a complication as I am using the cyclic grouping and would need to change the title text depending on which expression I was looking at.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

David

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

David,

It's not quite clear what you mean by "expression label"...  Apparently not the "title in chart", since you've mentioned it too.  Is it the "legend"?

If it is - go to the Presentation tab, find Legend on top right, click "Settings".  You'll find "Font" right there, and you can change the color.  Even calculated, if you choose so.

If it's not the "legend", need clarification.

Regards,

Michael

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Correct me if I have wrong but I think he means this. I have also investigate this earlier but not find any solutions for it.

pic2.JPG.jpg

pic1.JPG.jpg

manas_bn
Creator
Creator

Isn't this the legend too? The expression label you give will be shown in the legend...

You can change the color/font/any setting for the legend in Presentation tab like Michael mentioned above...

Capture.PNG.png

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Strange..

I see the Dimension name (month) and not the Expression. Anyway, its grayed out.

pic.JPG.jpg pic2.JPG.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all, AnToSe is almost right in what my issue is - sorry if I didn't make my self clear. Each expression has a labal

label.JPG.jpg

and this label appears as a "title" in the chart. Since I am using a stacked bar the legend is not using this expression but a dimension. I have been able to change legend text colour - and all other text too.

chart.JPG.jpg

I can't find anyway to change the text colour of the NUMBER. Clearly I would like it to be white like the other text.

Any more ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.

David

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

if you don´t define a "title in chart" (tab general) it will take the name of your first expression. you can change th font in tab general "title settings"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes that does enable the expression label to become the title and the font colour then changes to white - however that's a compromise I don't want to take. The cyclic button changes the applied expression and I'd like the expression label to change when it's clicked. If users can't cope with grey on black and I can't change it I may have to do this.

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

i don´t understand the problem, you can either leave the title empty, so it takes the name of the expression you select in your cycle or can define a fix title

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My problem is that I want both. A fixed title for the chart and a changing subtitle (Expression label) below it. If it's not possible I will compromise one way or another but I'd like to know it's not possible rather than it being my lack of knowledge before I proceed.