21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 11:59 AM by Hugo Sheng RSS

Running Deployment Package via QlikViewConnection

Jamie Hicks

I have had a few unexpected results in getting a QVE Deployment Packaged to integrate with a QlikView Load Script.

Firstly, When I connect to the deployment package and click the Select button, I do not see a list of fields available as I would expect to:

ExpressorQlikViewConnector.png

Secondly, when I execute the load script, I receive the following error:

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution failed.

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.10.0.25527 n (Build 25527) Jul 22 2013

ExtractPPY-PYNetRev - OPERATOR-0037-S: The connection parameter 'schemaOverride' is not set. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

ExtractPPY-PYNetRev - OPERATOR-0050-A: toolId 7.0, name 'ExtractPPY-PYNetRev' - Exception 'SQLSTATE:[IM003], Code:[160], Msg:Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126: The specified module could not be found. (expressor-3-teradata, C:\Program Files (x86)\expressor\expressor3\lib\E4TERA26.DLL).

' occurred in the 'initialize' function. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

ExtractPPY-PYNetRev - OPERATOR-0003-F: toolId 7.0, name 'ExtractPPY-PYNetRev' - the 'initialize' function failed. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

ExtractPPY-PYNetRev - ETOOL-0006-F: operator 7.0, type in-table, name 'ExtractPPY-PYNetRev': etool failed, phase runInitialize. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

ExtractPPY-PYNetRev - ETOOL-0016-A: operator 7.0, type in-table, pid 2976 - initialize() failed. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

SQL SELECT *

FROM [Build FacilityDim].[Write FacilityDimension]

I "published" the package following all the steps that I have documentation for. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jamie Hicks

• Re: Running Deployment Package via QlikViewConnection
          Hugo Sheng

I think this error might be telling us the real reason:

Msg:Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126: The specified module could not be found. (expressor-3-teradata, C:\Program Files (x86)\expressor\expressor3\lib\E4TERA26.DLL).

It is looking for a the Teradata driver.  Can you verify if E4TERA26.DLL is on that machine where you are running the deployment package and if it's under that path?

Jamie Hicks

I verified that the E4TERA26.DLL file is on the machine under the path displayed in the error message.

Hugo Sheng

Can you also verify whether or not the native Teradata ODBC driver is installed as well?  If not, you'll need to include that. 

Jamie Hicks

The native Teradata ODBC driver is installed - version 14. That is the driver that our QlikView qvw files use to connect to Teradata.

Tommy Ho

Jamie,

Looks like you have all the pieces installed. One more thing to verify is whether you can create an ODBC dsn using the expressor-3-teradata driver and fill in all the connection information. Click the [Test Connect] push button at the bottom of the "Teradata Driver Setup" dialog and let us know the result.

\Tommy

Jamie Hicks

While I connect to teradata through the native teradata driver and do not use a DSN, I can create an ODBC DSN and connect successfully using the expressor-3 teradata driver.

In case I didn't communicate this before. The dataflow runs just fine through Expressor Desktop.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hugo Sheng

What version of Expressor are you using?  I'll try to reproduce. 

Tommy Ho

Are you using the free version of Expressor? Desktop Edition?

Open a Qlikview Expressor Command Prompt Window from Start->All Programs->QlikView->expressor3->Qlikview Expressor Command Prompt

Please post the output of the command:

$ elicense -v

and

$ elicense -p

Jamie Hicks

C:\Program Files (x86)\expressor\expressor3\bin>elicense -v

Your QlikView Expressor support license has not expired, please continue to use

QlikView Expressor.

C:\Program Files (x86)\expressor\expressor3\bin>elicense -p

Attribute                       Value           Start           End

---------                       --------------- -------------   -------------

PRODUCTLEVEL                    20                              2014-04-01

QEX_AUTOMATION                  YES

QEX_CONNECTOR                   YES

QEX_CONNECTOR_TPT               YES

QEX_DD_UNLOCK                   YES

QEX_EXT_DEVELOPER               YES

QEX_NUM_CORE                    UNLIMITED

QEX_REPOSITORY                  YES

TEST_EDITION                    YES

• Re: Re: Running Deployment Package via QlikViewConnection
                                        Hugo Sheng

I was able to reproduce this and have started working with a developer to investigate the cause.

It may be that the connector is not sourcing the environment correctly.  In the meantime, there are some workarounds if you need to tie the execution of the dataflow to a reload.  Otherwise, you can just read in the QVX file Expressor produces.

• Re: Re: Running Deployment Package via QlikViewConnection
                                            Jamie Hicks

Ultimately, I need to tie the dataflow to a reload so that I can integrate the Expressor loads with our current QlikView loads. I will keep building dataflows, but will need to integrate the Expressor dataloads within the next few weeks. Thanks.

Hugo Sheng

Here's a quick workaround that will get you past this issue for now.  It will require that you set a new environment variable in your system settings:

1. Edit System Environment Variables

2. Add a new one called EXP_HOME

3. Set the value to the path where Expressor is installed.  For example, on my system it's:

C:\Program Files (x86)\expressor\expressor3

4. Restart QlikView and try again

Jamie Hicks

I'll try that and see if it works. I'll let you know how it goes.

At this point, do I need to have our QlikView Administrator log a ticket for the permanent fix?

Thanks!

Hugo Sheng

There will likely be a permanent fix introduced at the next release, but please do log a ticket against this.

Jamie Hicks

I don't have access on the server to create a system environment variable, but was able to create a user environment variable. I updated the connect script & select script in the qvw and re-ran. Got a different error:

Write FacilitySameStoreCons - OPERATOR-0016-F: toolId 3.0, name 'Write FacilitySameStoreCons' - Exception 'WriteLookupOpException' occurred in the 'process' function for thread 0. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Write FacilitySameStoreTops - OPERATOR-0016-F: toolId 4.0, name 'Write FacilitySameStoreTops' - Exception 'WriteLookupOpException' occurred in the 'process' function for thread 0. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Write FacilitySameStoreCons - WRITE_LOOKUP-0001-A: For input record 1, a duplicate value was provided for a unique key, or a null key value was provided. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Write FacilitySameStoreTops - WRITE_LOOKUP-0001-A: For input record 1, a duplicate value was provided for a unique key, or a null key value was provided. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Write FacilitySameStoreCons - OPERATOR-0005-F: toolId 3.0, name 'Write FacilitySameStoreCons' - the 'process' function failed for thread 0. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Write FacilitySameStoreTops - OPERATOR-0005-F: toolId 4.0, name 'Write FacilitySameStoreTops' - the 'process' function failed for thread 0. (FacilityDimension.Lookup Tables)

Those lookup tables are populated with values extracted from an xlsx file. There are no duplicate keys in the files. I have no issues with these lookup table running in Desktop either. Could there be a bug with the Excel extension? Also none of the Windows office products are installed on the server. Does Excel have to be installed for this to work?

Thanks,

Jamie

Hugo Sheng

When you are running this from Expressor Desktop, is that also installed on the server where you are seeing this?

Is the XLS file the same between the desktop and the server?

When writing to the lookup table, are you overwriting it each time or appending?

Excel does not need to be installed - we use a custom library to access Excel data.

Jamie Hicks
                                                                    1. I am actually remoted into the server and using the Expressor Desktop that it installed on the server
                                                                    2. The xlsx files are on a file share. The FileConnection contains the path which is driven by a configuration parameter. When I set up the QlikViewExpressorConnection from inside a QlikView script, I choose the configuration that contains the correct file path for the environment. When I look at the connection script, it contains the correct configuration: Configuration=MainLibrary1.0.QAEnvironment.xml[QA]
                                                                    3. I do not see a property on the Write Lookup table operator to choose either overwrite or append. I do see a Truncate option, and that is not selected.

Thanks again!