4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 10:47 AM by Stephen Matthews RSS

Sorting a list box with months

Hi,

I'm gonig slightly mad with this problem. I have created the field below:

Month(Date(Date(AddMonths(Date#(MonthYear,'MMM YYYY'),[Mth Report Period])),'MMM YYYY')) as ReportMonth1,

MonthYear e.g. 'Apr 2012'

[Mth Report Period] is a number e.g. 1

This would give the result Mar

I then use the following field to get a number:

lookup('ID','Month',Text(Month(Date(Date(AddMonths(Date#(MonthYear,'MMM YYYY'),[Mth Report Period])),'MMM YYYY'))),'MonthLookup') as MonthSort,

the lookup table basically starts with Apr as 1 and ends with Mar as 12, i then sort the data in the script by MonthSort.

I am then puting the field ReportMonth1 in a list box, but I cant get Apr first and Mar last.

If I tick the box to say load order, or do an expression =Only(Data.MonthSort).

Can someone please help as this is driving me crazy!!

Thanks in Advance,

Simon.

• Re: Sorting a list box with months

Hi

I use the expression within the sort tab.  I see you used a field called ID to create the presentation order.

Alternatively, you could order your load and use this to drive the sort.

I hope this helps and I haven't missed the point.  Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Steve

• Re: Sorting a list box with months

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In my scrpit i do an order by on the field MonthSort, which when you look at the data table puts all the apr first, may second, jun third etc...

But then when I tick the box to sort by original load it does not come back in the order expected. I then try to use the expression to sort by MonthSort, but that does not work either. I would be greatful, if you could look at my current document and try and get it to sort.

Once again, thank you for the quick reply.

Cheers

Simon