2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 9:55 PM by jagan mohan rao appala RSS

Function To Compare Values of two ID's from two different Datasets

I have a situation where I need to get the Intersection of values from two datasets where no fields is common, however the some of the Values in ID's are common for the two datasets. Is there any specific function or method that any one can think of to get the Intersecting values to list out in a straight Table. I tried using Match, but not sure if that helps.

Ex: 

SalesEmployeeID

MarketingEmployeeID

NOTE: I cannot Join the Tables at the Script level, as I will be getting ambiguous results due to the Loop.

• Re: Function To Compare Values of two ID's from two different Datasets
          Philippe Grenier

Hello Ahmed,

How about creating an extra field in the Marketing and Sales tables that would indicate whether the employee is also in the other table. Then, you can filter out the employees as you wish using the IsAlsoInSales or IsAlsoInMarketing field. Here would be an example script:

SalesEmployees:

LOAD * Inline [

SalesEmployeeID

1006];

MarketingEmployees:

LOAD *, If(Exists(SalesEmployeeID, MarketingEmployeeID), 1, 0) as IsAlsoInSales;

LOAD * Inline [

MarketingEmployeeID

1010];

Left Join(SalesEmployees)

LOAD SalesEmployeeID, If(Exists(MarketingEmployeeID, SalesEmployeeID), 1, 0) as IsAlsoInMarketing

Resident SalesEmployees;

Regards,

Philippe