Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC section access management

I have a report where confidential data is present.

I want to do resetricted user can view other than confidential part few user(CTO level) can view all the data.

I came to know from the developer can do it section access(sheet 1 for all data sheet 2 for normal data).

if he can do it then what is the purpose for

user->section access management->add user/(access nt name)

Next day if they want to add one more user view the confidential list what could be the steps.

is it require to change it .qvw file or i can add from user->section access management->add user/(access nt name)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no real difference, except for the location of the section access tables.

On average, section access will either load authorizations from a local - INLINE - table or from an external data source like a RDBMS or an XLS file. In all those cases you have a slight problem with the management of the data in those tables, because there is no tool to maintain records in those tables (except for Excel, but we all stopped using Excel when we discovered QV, didn't we)

The Q(E)MC feature solves this problem: the authorization table is still external (embedded in the Management Console), so you'll have to LOAD the data in your Load script from this location (the data source link is offered by the Q(E)MC interface as an URL). But at the same time, the Q(E)MC offers you a simple interface to manage records in this section access table. Which is great I think for simple authorization lists.

As always, changes made to those definitions will become active only after a reload.

Hope this clears things up.

Peter

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Under the Sheet Properties, General Tab, set Show Sheet to conditional and use the osuser() function to get AD user in the expression.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

you are talking about source document but then why should I use same thing in QEMC (

user->section access management->add user/(access nt name)

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I may have misunderstood your question...

... are you wanting to hide a sheet or only show a subset of data in a table object depending on AD User ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

I am talking in QEMC there is section acess division developer can create section access.i want to know difference between them

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no real difference, except for the location of the section access tables.

On average, section access will either load authorizations from a local - INLINE - table or from an external data source like a RDBMS or an XLS file. In all those cases you have a slight problem with the management of the data in those tables, because there is no tool to maintain records in those tables (except for Excel, but we all stopped using Excel when we discovered QV, didn't we)

The Q(E)MC feature solves this problem: the authorization table is still external (embedded in the Management Console), so you'll have to LOAD the data in your Load script from this location (the data source link is offered by the Q(E)MC interface as an URL). But at the same time, the Q(E)MC offers you a simple interface to manage records in this section access table. Which is great I think for simple authorization lists.

As always, changes made to those definitions will become active only after a reload.

Hope this clears things up.

Peter

vikasmahajan

Hii,

- You need to create excel sheet of  users along with user id and nt domain

-  When new user will come you need to add / delete from excel

-  QEMC (user->section access management->add user/(access nt name)  you need to apply

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is no real difference in the two. You can build your section access into the script, by loading it from a file, using the inline editor or pointing it to the Publisher. This just gives you a central place to manage section access.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.