Just a couple of questions to clarify a few things:
Are all services running under the same (service) account? Did group membership or policies change recently?
What does the Management Service log tell you about not seeing/not being able to contact the running QDS?
Are all other QV services running as they should and displayed as such in the QMC services overview?
In QMC->System->Setup->Management Service->General, set the logging level to something appropriate (Debug logging is ok now) and restart the QV Services. Management Service logs should now appear in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log.
Has the server move to a domain occurred recently?
Alright i increased to debugging logging.
And i found this:
2013-10-03 13:50:07.8247834 Error Failed to retrieve QDS info: System.Exception: QDS did not respond to request.
Last exception (for http://?????:4720/QDS/Service): ANY did not respond to request.
Last exception (for http://?????:4720/QDS/Service): The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.
????? = servername
Im looking as the last row and thinking that this migt be the issue?
The server was added about a weeka go. This problems started yesterday.
Well, it seems that two QV services refuse to talk to each other. This may be caused by a whole slew of Windows-related issues, and as such we may be in for a longer journey.
Any chance you can switch over to using a domain service account for those QlikView services, i.e. one that is member of the Local Administrators group (and QlikView administrators) and whose password does NOT expire? That makes it easier to keep things going, for example if you have just a single AD DSC configured.
in a command prompt try:
netstat -np TCP | find "4720"
You may find that a new service has arrived and is listening on port 4720. I've seen this happen with various Blade agents that monitor server state.
Assuming the above command returns something, now try this:
This will list out the process names (look for the 4720 again). If the output is hard to read, try:
netstat -ab > c:\tmp.txt
>....and have a read of the text file.
We met the same issue with QMC but with 11.2 SR1.
All services were running with the same domain user account.
We've created a local user account with local admin rights in order to test and assigned it to QMC service... and it worked fine again.
So we kept that solution for the moment waiting for another way to solve it.
Hi Gager and Pascal...
i did the same like last orientation, and solved this issue.
I did create a new user in local machine with administrator permissions and i made first logon with this new user...next step is start the instalation, and in the end all the Qlikview services running and indentified by QMC.
before i was tried instalation with the default administrator user, and did happen this same error, services was start normally, access point accessible, but the QMC shows DMS and QMS is stopped.