Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding and deleting Assigned Users

Hi everyone,

I have problem adding more users to read our models:

20 users can read our models.

We have only 2 models on the server with assigned users, 1 of them has 12 assigned users and the other has 1 assigned user.

So we should have 6 more, but it says we have only 1 more:   Document CALs not allocated on server: 1

I am trying to add 3 more people and get the message that "Too many document CALs allocated".

Is there a way to see a list of all the Document CALs allocated on the server and to add or delete users?

See Attached picture

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In that case it seems that there are cals allocated to a document that not longer exists ?!

Create a document within the same name as the deleted and you will find the cals.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Unfortunately it is not possible to see all document cals at all.

You have to check all documents.

Not applicable
Author

Thank's for the replay,

I have checked, as much as I see we have only 13 users in use.

It doesn't make any sense.

Anyone?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You have 13 users, but how many cals are allocated?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In your case you have 20 cals.

13 are allocated to users. But before you have to allocate to the document. If this figure is greater then 20 you will get an error.

If you want to give three more cals to a document you have to reduce the number of cals allocated to the document, at least those who are allocated to users.

Not applicable
Author

This what it says in One model:

Document CALs available on server: 20
Document CALs not allocated on server: 1
Document CALs allocated to this document: 12
Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 11

And this is the other one (That i'm trying to add to...):

Document CALs available on server: 20
Document CALs not allocated on server: 1
Document CALs allocated to this document: 1
Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 0
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In that case it seems that there are cals allocated to a document that not longer exists ?!

Create a document within the same name as the deleted and you will find the cals.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think there is a confusion between the number of document CAL in license, the number of document CAL allocated to a document and number of CAL assigned to users.

You are not allowed to allocate some more document cal to a user if there is not enough document cal left even if there are not allocated to users but only reserved for a document.

The problem is to know which document is using these document cal.

I have noticed that document cal attributed to a document are not released automatically when you delete the document.

If it is your case, the only way it to recreate the deleted document with the same name and deallocate the document cal  in the console before deleting it again.

Then you will have your document CAL back.

regards

stéphane

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephane,

You might be right cause I moved my model to another folder by doing CUT and PASTE.

Since then the list of my "document CAL allocated to a document" was reset.

Coul'd that be the reason?

How can I recreate it now to the old folder?

Not applicable
Author

the simple way is to create a virgin application with the same name in the same folder via file/new in qlikview desktop.

then you should see the application in the console and try to retrieve your doc cal.