Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Target Line for Bar Chart based on a Bookmark

Hello All,

I am trying to create a target line for my bar chart based on year 2012 to compare against data prior and post 2012. I have created the bookmark BM2012 to help. What I am expecting from my formula is that the target line remains the same for any given set of listbox selections where the only difference is the year selected. 

To illustrate, my intention is that:

The target line should stay the same for these two selections:

Year:2011-12
Department: BBB
Section: 123
Customer: AAA

Year:2012-13

But likely be different for the following:

Customer: CCC

The code I am using is the same as the bar chart and is:

=sum(aggr(sum({BM2012}{$<[L O S] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>}Distinct [L O S]), ZNumber)) / count({BM2012}{$<[L O S] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>} Distinct ZNumber )

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Bump

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It's impossible to say what the correct expression should be without having the data, but I can say the following:

1) You have duplicate Set Identifiers: {BM2012}{$<...>}  This will not work. Use {BM2012<...>} instead.

2) If you want to combine the bookmark with the current selection, you should probably do it using implicit field value definitions: {BM2013<Field=P({$} Field)>}

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for this. I am struggling to get the expression to validate. Here is the first part:

= sum(aggr(sum( {BM2012 <[LOS] = P({">= $(vSlider)"}> [LOS])} Distinct [LOS]), zNumber))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this:

= sum(aggr(sum( {BM2012 <[LOS] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>} Distinct [LOS]), zNumber))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

G Wassenaar (to carl carl) 18 hours ago

Perhaps this:

= sum(aggr(sum( {BM2012 <[LOS] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>} Distinct [LOS]), zNumber))

Thanks for your input. The full expression generates a value of "0" and that shouldn't be the case.

= sum(aggr(sum( {BM2012 <[L O S] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>} Distinct [L O S]), zNumber)) / count({BM2012 < [L O S] = {">= $(vSlider)"}>} Distinct zNumber)