cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

filter records using OR-statement

Hi,

I have a 'problem' related to filtering records. I have a dataset like:

businessact. 1act. 2act. 3act. 4act. 5act. 6act. 7.....
b1xxxxx
b2xx
b3xxx
b4xxx
b5xx

now I have created a combobox (using the LOAD * INLINE function ) with all activities. Selecting the activities in the combobox should result in a filter on the dataset.

example results:

combobox selectionresult
act. 1b1, b3
act. 1, act. 2b1, b2, b3, b4
act. 2, act. 6b1, b2, b4
act. 5, act. 6b2, b4

I need to create a sort of OR-statement....but I have no idea where to start. Most filters are based on the AND-statement (selecting act. 1 and act. 2 would result only in b1).

Anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Per

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you select, for example, act.1 and act.2 in one list box, then the filter will be an OR filter be default; so values matching act.1 or act.2 will be returned.

Create a filterbox from the source data rather than in INLINE so that it is linked to the data.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you select, for example, act.1 and act.2 in one list box, then the filter will be an OR filter be default; so values matching act.1 or act.2 will be returned.

Create a filterbox from the source data rather than in INLINE so that it is linked to the data.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

You just need to convert your first given table into a Cross Table. and that will do the trick.

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the fast reply. It works perfectly. My dad used to say Keep It Simple St...and this time I again allmost created a complex solution for such a simple problem.

regards

Per