Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlickView Plugin silent install

I have the "QvPluginSetup" Version 11.0.11414.0, and should prepare it for deployment per sccm, what are the exact arguments I need to provide it with to run silently (/S /v/qn didnt work)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you extracted the MSI (which I think you should if deploying using SCCM), run QvPluginSetup.msi /? for a list of all arguments. I think you're after something like:

msiexec.exe /lvx* c:\Logs\ext.log /i "QVPluginSetup.msi" /qn

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is from the ref manual. Did it not work?

Silent Installation

To make a silent installation start the msi file, 32-bit or 64-bit, from the command line with the following

parameters for the msi package:

msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.msi MYUSERNAME=domain\username MYPASSWORD=password /l*v

log.txt /qn

and for the exe file:

msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.exe MYUSERNAME=domain\username MYPASSWORD=password /l*v log.txt

/qn

where domain\username is the domain and username of the user you wish the QlikView Server/Publisher

services to run as, password is the password of that user, /l*v creates a log for the installation and /qn

makes the installation silent.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you extracted the MSI (which I think you should if deploying using SCCM), run QvPluginSetup.msi /? for a list of all arguments. I think you're after something like:

msiexec.exe /lvx* c:\Logs\ext.log /i "QVPluginSetup.msi" /qn

Not applicable
Author

After trying all your methods, it still didn't work, so i began logging the process.

msiexec /i QvPluginSetup.msi ALLUSERS=1 /quiet /log log.txt
still didnt work.

in the logfile the only error message i found was:

MSI (s) (70:B0) [09:29:49:515]: Product: QvPluginSetup -- Error 1925. You do not have sufficient privileges to      complete      this installation for all users of the machine.  Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

Error 1925. You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine.  Log on as      an administrator and then retry this installation.

I am logged in as local administrator, and also tried with the domain admin, always resulting in this promt.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to run msiexec in an elevated command prompt, or UAC will block the installation.

I also had an error in the above syntax, it should be /qn and not \qn. Sorry about that.

I confirmed the above working in Windows 7 in an elevated command prompt.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I'm sorry, of course i forgot to run cmd.exe as administrator, my fault,

and of course it works as administrater,

thanks guys, you were a great help!

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anytime, Lukas. Good luck with SCCM, sorry I cannot help you out on that part, but there should be ways to run msiexec elevated using SCCM as well (guess you know this better than me ).