6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 7:07 AM by Josetxo Amonarriz RSS

Naming Convention followed in Load Script

Agnivesh Kumar

Please tell me what are the naming convention in load script :

As  %,# an many special charecters are used in load script what are these meaning and how can i use please tell me in detail.

• Re: Naming Convention followed in Load Script
          Sokkorn Cheav

Hi,

This is just an prefix for a field and we can define at our own way. Here is some common use in script:

Variables   Starts with a "v"     e.g.    vCurrentYear
          Key Fields   Starts with a "%"     e.g.    %CustomerKey
          Flag Fields   Starts with a "_"     e.g.    _YTDFlag
          Cycle Group   Starts with a "<"     e.g.    <ProductCycle
          Drilldown Group   Starts with a ">"     e.g.    >GeoDrillDown

Key Field Separator    Separated by "_"    e.g.    Company&'_'&Nbr as Key

Temp Fileds/Tables    End With "_tmp"   e.g.    Daily_Trans_tmp

By the way, is use those prefix to hide a field while we load data. Something like Set HidePrefix='_' ;

Regards,

Sokkorn

• Re: Naming Convention followed in Load Script

Hi,

QlikView is very flexible in the naming conventions you can use to keep the script maintainable within an organization. See for example the response of Sokkorn on what pre- and postfixes you can agree upon within your organization.

There are some special characters to take into account. The most important are:

• // indicates a comment line
            • /* A LOT OF TEXT */  indicates multiple lines of comment between the slashes
            • $ indicates a variable is to be used

In the script you will see change the color if something special is taking place. For example blue indicates a function, gray is a variable and green is comment by default. And all commands are ended by a semicolon (;)

If you need more details I suggest to check the help file for qlikview, follow some training and/or google for it as there is much already available (and in detail).

Kind regards,

Matthijs