Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II

Disable tasks in Publisher

I have recently upgraded from Qlikview 11 IR to 11.2 SR4.  I have tasks that is dependent on the successful rebuild of a previous task.

In IR I could disable a task and the rest of the tasks in the chain will rebuild, because the disable task showed that it was successful (Although it did not actually rebuild).  With SR4 the disable task has a status of disable and now the rest of the chain does not rebuild at all.

This create a problem if I disable a specific task temporarily but want the rest of tasks in the chain to rebuild.  Currently I need to change the 1st task after the disable task to be dependant on the same task as the disabled task.

Is their a work around?

4 Replies
Not applicable

So you like the dependent tasks to continue reload/distribute even of the task its dependent on is disabled?

If that is the case do I need really see the purpose as you will work with data that is not updated. If that a behavior you are ok with do I not see the purpose of running the tasks in a chain instead of independent.

Please correct me if I got the whole question wrong

ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

An example is that I have 3 JDE Environments.  I need to keep them separate for what ever reason.  Thus I have 3 Exactly same Qlikview models.  One per Environment.  I have chain these 3 models.  Now one environment is temporary down for maintenance.  I want to disable the task temporarily but still need the other 2 models to rebuild.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gert

Could you confirm whether you are disabling the Task or the Trigger for the Task ?

Best Regards,     Bill

ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bill

I Right click on the task in the qmc screen and then disable it.  It is the same as to remove the "Enable" tick on the general screen when editing a task