QV Mode: Analyser, Professional and Developer

Section Access Table:

Column/Field Name: Username Password Designation Level Field QvMode

Details of the above:

UserName: UserId of a user

Password: Password of a user

Designation: Designation of a user

Level: Hierarchy level of a user

Field: Delhi,Mumbai,Bangalore,Chennai,etc....

QvMode: Mode that particular user can access(Same as given above)

What I want:

1. I want the login(Section Access) to be happen.

2. If the logged in user level is 4 he should be in a position to see his down line data that is level:3,2,1,0 and if user level is 3 he should be in a position to see his down line data that is level: 2,1,0.

In case if the logged in user level is 0 or 1 then it should be in a position to see only level 0 and 1 respectively.

3. According to the QVMODE respective license should be given to the user.

4. Tab wise access to the user. For example if the logged in user designation is RBM he should see only RBM tab/Sales dashboard data and if HR logs in he she should see only HR tab/HR dashboard data and so on.

Other requirements are there. But will do once this has been done.

Have attached the sample document which contains the same data that I am discussing to work on.

Hope some one can help me out soon.

• Need help in Section Access and other security related things
          Ashfaq Mohammed

HI Rikhab

Please find the attached document on section acess

hope this might help you.

Thanks and Regards

ASHFAQ

• Need help in Section Access and other security related things
            Michael Robertshaw
            1. QV Mode: that's a v8.5 discussion. In v9 everyone becomes Professional as soon as they've borrowed a CAL. The only way to prevent this is to disable Borrowed CALs or to explicitly assign all Named CALs. The functionality is historically controlled by a Registry Key anyway, so you're not going to be able to manage this inside a QlikView document.
            2. Without looking at your data, I suspect you need a Hierarchy Load to construct the appropriate levels of visibility in the data.
            3. Tab-wise access to data is easily controlled with a Conditional Show expression on each sheet.

It seems you'll need a simple Section Access table with two extra columns: "SheetRole" and "UID". Copy the User's unique identifier (same value as NTNAME perhaps) into the UID field. The SheetRole will be a key to table in Section Application that describes what sheets can be seen by role.

[SheetRole]:
            LOAD * INLINE [
            SheetRole, HR, Finance, etc
            ADMIN, 1, 1, 1
            HR, 1, 0, 0
            FINANCE, 0, 1, 1
            OTHER, 0, 0, 1
            ];

so your Conditional Show expression will be (Sum(HR)>0)

The levels data requires more care, but populating a simple table with all the keys that particular users are allowed access to is easy using Hierarchy Load - especially if you're dealing with a ragged hierarchy such as Geographies or AccountCodes.