7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 2:15 PM by Hugo Sheng RSS

troubleshooting error

Hi,

I am unable to understand what this error means.  I put a sort operator before the join operator which is throwing the error yet the error remain.  Any ideas?

Thanks Traci

• Re: troubleshooting error

This really isn't the error message.

Both inputs to the highlighted Join operator need to be sorted by the same key column.

Is the second input, derived from the upstream Join operators, also sorted?  It must be sorted by the same key.

John,

I tried putting sorts on both upstream source but I still have the same issue.  If it is not the error then what is because the dataflow ends with saying "an error occured during exectution" and no records were written.  Most of the time I can spot the error; but in this case I'm not sure what the error is then. Is there a way to change the result output to show only errors and not other information?

Thanks Traci

John,

This usually I can get around an erorr by setting the operator with the issue to skip, but this doesn't help in the case.

I have no idea what is causing the error or how to fix it.

Thanks Traci

I can't tell what is happening from the screen shot.

What you are going to need to do is to

• make a copy of the dataflow
                      • delete all operators downstream from the one causing the error and replace with trash operator
                      • run successfully (hopefully)
                      • then repeat, adding each downstream operator one at a time

John,

I get the same error so that confirms the error is coming from the join operator.

Here is the output.  The join operator error handling property is set to skip why doesn't the dataflow continue to the next error?

Thanks Traci

See product documentation for the Join operator for more details.
                          The encoded key of the last record is:
                          000000: ff 35 32 38 39 31 37 39 32 32 00 01              |.528917922..    |
                          (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Join 1 - OPERATOR-0016-F: toolId 65.2, name 'Join 1' - Exception 'JoinerOpException' occurred in the 'process' function for thread 0. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Join 1 - JOINER_OP-0008-A: Joiner input 1: thread failed with status 4,294,967,295. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Join 1 - OPERATOR-0005-F: toolId 65.2, name 'Join 1' - the 'process' function failed for thread 0. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          - MESSAGES-TRACE_EX-N: log: 481804579 (.)
                          Read employment waeg - OPERATOR-0016-F: toolId 49.2, name 'Read employment waeg' - Exception 'ChannelIOException' occurred in the 'process' function for thread 0. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - CHANNELIO-0013-A: Write for 65,322 bytes wrote 0 bytes and failed - 232 (The pipe is being closed.). The file name is '\\.\pipe\4656.67.2.0'. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - OPERATOR-0005-F: toolId 49.2, name 'Read employment waeg' - the 'process' function failed for thread 0. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          get wagesthru date - OPERATOR-0016-F: toolId 29.2, name 'get wagesthru date' - Exception 'ChannelIOException' occurred in the 'process' function for thread 0. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - OPERATOR-0081-F: toolId 49.2, name 'Read employment waeg' - Exception 'ChannelIOException' occurred in the 'shutdown' function. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - CHANNELIO-0013-A: Write for 65,322 bytes wrote 0 bytes and failed - 232 (The pipe is being closed.). The file name is '\\.\pipe\4656.67.2.0'. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - OPERATOR-0007-F: toolId 49.2, name 'Read employment waeg' - the 'shutdown' function failed. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - ETOOL-0006-F: operator 49.2, type in-table, name 'Read employment waeg': etool failed, phase shutdown. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                          Read employment waeg - ETOOL-0017-A: operator 49.2, type in-table - shutdown failed. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.WriteClientDetail)
                            <status>failed</status>
                          </step>
                          <statistic>167.043</statistic>
                          </task>
                          dataflow controller - ETASK-0038-F: Processing has completed abnormally. (KWIKTripPayrollUpdateCSV_TCRS_Live_Copy.controller)