2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 9:38 AM by Dave Riley RSS

Dynamic Update Sintax

I use a Dynamic Update for updating data :

This string works  : UPDATE MovimentiFinanziari SET PrendiNonPrendi = 'S'   WHERE DataMovimentoTXT = 'D2013091';

This string NOT works : UPDATE MovimentiFinanziari SET PrendiNonPrendi = 'S'   WHERE DataMovimentoTXT > 'D2013091';

The difference is the comparison operand of WHERE clause.

It seems that the operator '='  is OK but the operator '>' is not supported

Can anyone help me? ?

• Re: Dynamic Update Sintax
          Gysbert Wassenaar

I doubt it's the > operator. You're trying to compare string values. Possibly > is a not supported operator for strings in dynamic updates.

• Re: Dynamic Update Sintax
            Dave Riley

It's strange but the > and < operators work in my version, QV11.2 SR3.

I suppose another way might be to reference variables in your dynamic command to only use the = operator, maybe something like ...

UPDATE MovimentiFinanziari SET PrendiNonPrendi = 'S' WHERE SubStringCount(vVar,DataMovimentoTXT)=1;

... and vVar is a distinct, and ordered ascendingly, concatenated list of values split at the relevant point ...

=subfield(concat(distinct DataMovimentoTXT,';',DataMovimentoTXT),vGT,-1)

... and vGT is a variable holding the 'greater than' value.