0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 10:19 AM by Jan Prochazka RSS

google maps license - do we break terms of use?

Hello,

I went through the terms of use of google maps API. I have found the following statement.

9.1.1 General Rules.

(a) Free Access (No Fees). Your Maps API Implementation must be generally accessible to users without charge and must not require a fee-based subscription or other fee-based restricted access. This rule applies to Your Content and any other content in your Maps API Implementation, whether Your Content or the other content is in existence now or is added later.

(b) Public Access (No Firewall). Your Maps API implementation must not operate only behind a firewall; or (ii) only on an internal network (except during the development and testing phase); or (iii) in a closed community (for example, through invitation-only access).

Google Maps/Google Earth APIs Terms of Service - Google Maps API — Google Developers

What is your opinion? Do you know anyone who pays for the maps? Should I recommend to the client that a picture of some map would enough for him and law-safe? Thank for advice.

Regards,

Jan

(P.S.: sorry if this is wrong category feel free to warn me)