4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 1:37 AM by Abhinava Chandra RSS

Help with creating a tracked history of selections in QlikView

Hi,

I have a requirement where a user can input some parameters for some values and the parameters need to be tracked as a history inside the application.

A user should be able to select a specific value in a list box and then input some parameters for that particular value. Those parameters need to be showed in a line chart as well as a straight/pivot table/list box with expressions(which is a list of tracked changes, meaning only for the values which he enters a parameter should be shown in this table) and the  most recent selection for which he has inputed some parameters should be shown in the line chart.

I am having trouble creating the tracked history chart.

Can anyone help me out. Any queries are welcome.

Thanks,

Abhinava

• Re: Help with creating a tracked history of selections in QlikView
          Jonas Heisterkamp

You can do following with macros:

You can use dynamic update, to fill a table with this selections.

You can use input fields to add the Values in a Table.

You can create variables. To use not "fields * selections" variables  you can.add the every new value with a separator to a var.   VarField1= Select1|Select2|Select3... the chart is a little bit tricky, in dim you can use valueloop(1,subfieldcont('$(VarField1)','|',1) or you can test if you can build the var that way that you can use it directly in valuelist.

• Re: Help with creating a tracked history of selections in QlikView

So you are after persistent history tracking, i.e. the user inputs need to be stored permanently rather than just for a single QlikView session?

That would involve some sort of write-back functionality to a database or repository. QlikView is a read-only tool, but there are ways that it can be achieved. One option would be to use a macro, another would be to create an extension object. One or two QlikView partners have already created commercial extension objects that facilitate write-back, e.g. KliqPlan or bWise (look on the online QlikMarket), but with the right skills you can also develop that yourself. I can't provide any examples I'm afraid but maybe someone else can. There is information on the QlikCommunity about write-back using macros.