Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Accesspoint - reload with 32-bit odbc connector

Hello,

I've a problem with the reload of one document QV.

I've qlikview Management console (SBE) installed under a 64-bit operating system.

Several documents QV use a 32-bit ODBC connector for reaching data. In the Qvw, I force the 32-bit for the connection and that's ok for a manual reload.

But when i want reload document with the management console, the reload failed...

For information :

- QV v11.20SR4 64 bits

Please help me.

Philippe

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

It sounds like to me you have the DSN setup as Users and not as System.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

Where must i change the rights? Directly in the odbc32 or in the QV Management console?

Philippe

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would do it under Administrator tools.

Untitled.png

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your idea is good because the message error in log is : Unable to load translation shared library (DLL).

And when I launch the reload with the desktop QV, that's good!

But, the system name DSN is present and "is visible to all users on this machine, including NT services." So, I suppose that "System" has permissions...

Philippe

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you login to the server with the service account ID and try running the application? This would tell if there was a problem with the service account.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I logged to the server with the service account ID and i tried to run the application. That's all right with the QV desktop for the reload. But always the same problem with Accesspoint and the planified reload.

When I use the OLE DB connection, that's all right! But not ODBC...

Philippe