10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 9:45 AM by Srikanth P RSS

String Function

anitha lux

Is there a string function to convert my string of type servername.na.corp.companyname to servername.

I have to delete the .na.corp.companyname part.

• Re: String Function
          Jeremiah Kurpat

=Subfield('servername.na.corp.companyname', '.',1)

Hope this helps!

anitha lux

Thanks a lot for your quick response... It worked really well expect for some servernames are in numeric form and I want them not to change For Example : 10.32.123.45 ... So by using the previous function it is returning me just 10 but that is not intended !!... How do I go around this??

Hi,

I think subfield can do that job (but there will be other ways as well).

subfield(s, 'delimiter' [ , index ] )

In its three-parameter version, this script function returns a given substring from a larger string s with delimiter

'delimiter'. index is an optional integer denoting which of the substrings should be returned. If index is

omitted when subfield is used in a field expression in a load statement, the subfield function will cause the

load statement to automatically generate one full record of input data for each substring that can be found in

s.

In its two-parameter version, the subfield function generates one record for each substring that can be taken

from a larger string s with the delimiter 'delimiter'. If several subfield functions are used in the same load

statement, the Cartesian product of all combinations will be generated.

Examples:

subfield(S, ';' ,2) returns 'cde' if S is 'abc;cde;efg'

Regards,

Gerrit

anitha lux

Thanks a lot for your quick response... It worked really well expect for some servernames are in numeric form and I want them not to change For Example : 10.32.123.45 ... So by using the previous function it is returning me just 10 but that is not intended !!... How do I go around this??

diego GOmez

Subfield('servername.na.corp.companyname', '.',1)

&'.'&

Subfield('servername.na.corp.companyname', '.',2)

&'.'&

Subfield('servername.na.corp.companyname', '.',3)

&'.'&

Subfield('servername.na.corp.companyname', '.',4) as ServerName

Clever Anjos

na.corp.companyname is always fixed?

If yes

=left('10.32.123.45.na.corp.companyname',index('10.32.123.45.na.corp.companyname','.na.corp.companyname')-1)