People, tried change Config.xml in paste C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService and C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer.
After, access QMC, in System -> Setup -> Management Service see if To connect to the API of this Management Service use: change for the new name server.
Change too System -> Setup -> QlikView Servers the Url, in the QVS@name server, change the Name in General.
In System -> Setup -> Directory Service Connectors the Url need change, in DSC@server name change Url too.
System -> Setup -> QlikView Web Servers need change the Url, in QVWS@ server name, change the Url in General.
Remember, after all the changes, you need click in Apply, and don´t forget your backup files.
Thanks for your atention.
David, Try steps below
- Stop Qlikview services under services.msc
- Backup Qliktech folder under ProgramData
- Use Qlik powertools. Use XMLdbViewer's search and replace to replace servername with friendly name
- update servername to friendly name on below files
- Start Qlikview services
Changing the server name is never a good idea. The problem is that the server name is used in to many files for configuration. If you are still having issue, this is what I would try.
1. Uninstall the Qlik Products.
2. delete all Qlik folders
3. reinstall the Qlik Products.
If you don't want to do that, you can go through all the configuration files and try to give the old server name and replace it with the new one. Also, you will have to do that to the QVPR XML files also.