3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 9:44 PM by Surya Surya RSS

Publisher license in license screen pointing to wrong server after migration

Anton Wibowo

Folks,

I have some questions that I appreciate if you could help me solve this.

I have Publisher (recently upgraded from QV10SR2 to QV11SR3 prior to migration) that I installed on the 2nd server (after migrating it from 1st server). When I check the QMC on the 1st Server and check the "System" > "License" > "Publisher License", it's still pointing to the 1st server, even though, when I goto "System" >" Distribution Services", it's correctly pointing to the 2nd server.

Q: What should I do to make the QMC Publisher license screen showing it on the 2nd server?

As for the steps, this is what I did:

Effectively, all other services still within 1st server (with QDS disabled), and only QDS is in 2nd server.

1. I copied over from the 1st Server C:\ProgramFiles\QlikTech\ManagementServerce\ these following folders to the same path in NEW server (basically replacing the original folder in 2nd server):

- folder: QVPR (and its contents)

- folder: Publisher LEF 

- qvpr_Machine1.ini --> I modified this file to match the 2nd server name

- reginfo.txt

2. Using QMC in 1st Server, under System", under "Distribution Services", I modified it to point to the 2nd server QDS (if you expand the nodes, then all services is pointing to 1st server, EXCEPT Distribution Services - which what is supposed to be)

3. I tested the reload and everything else seems to be working fine - other than the above.

I appreciate any tips and guidance you can provide me and Thanks in advance,

Anton