I dont exactly understand what problem you are facing in terms of Qlikview Object for Combobox..
What I can suggest is, You can use text object right besides the chart and right your Caption or explanation on how to read the chart in the text box...
If dis is not what you want, please elaborate a bit more on your requirement or rather provide a sample file highlighting your requirement.
a text object is in principal a good idea - but I would then have to find a way of making that visible only of element_#1 (of the 2 elements in my combobox) is activated and I don't know of any way to tell about that.
I will try to formulate my difficulty as precise as possible:
- You know how you can enter a comment (with that '?') in the caption bar of any object.
- I have a combobox with two objects (both on the same data, a diagram and a straight table with details)
- The tabs of the combobox (in my instance shown on top) are labeled with the names of the objects.
- I have no other caption_bar except those tabs because it would be redundant, just repeating the name of the object
<=> On those tabs I cannot place a comment, or can I?
=> There are alternatives of course (like using two separate objects with a visibility_condition), but I would like to stick to my combobox.
=> That is my question.
Hi,First of all please clear me with one thing. With Combobox you are referring to a Container Object ??
I guess YES,
Now, I get that you are using two objects in this container object whose tabs you have placed at the top.
What you can do is enable the Caption and there right whatever you want as comment on how to read the diagram.
(But the problem with this might be, It will be visible for both the objects and you wont be able to hide it.)
I would again suggest you to use a text object for your comments instead of this and then apply action on the tabs of your Container to conditionally show/hide the text object.
Thanks and Regards
Oops.., I'm Sorry but we dont have this functionality to apply actions on a Container..
I just took it for granted that this might be supported..
Maybe we will have to resort to another alternative.
One similar thing can be achieved by doing as follows:
1. Take the two objects that you are using in the Container Separately in the sheet.
2. Make a variables v1 and assign the values as v1= 1
3. Make a text object and provide the details on how to use the chart.
4. Make two buttons and in Properties-->Action-->Set Variable--> write v1 and in the value write 1.
Repeat the step for second button object with a slight change
4. Now in the Chart Properties and the text box Properties--> Layout--> Conditional Show --> enter the value v1=1
And in the Table Properties-->Conditional Show--> enter v1=0.
This will give you something similar to what you are trying to achieve...
Thanks and Regards