Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II

Format Attachment data.csv - Data smashed into one column

Greetings,

Our group has successfully created alerts.  However, the attachment data.csv is useless, as it is smashing each record into one column/cell A.  How can the attachment be formatted appropriately so that our users can actually find utility in the data?  I've tried inserting commas, spaces, and several other hacks, but nothing has worked.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@mtkst13 Please share the screenshot how the format looks like.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni , It's actually tab delimited.  When I opened the file, selected column A, went to data and clicked on columns to text, excel said it is tab delimited.  However, the qlik alerting attaches the file as data.csv by default.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@mtkst13 If I understand correctly, You have created a data alerts using Qlik alerting and for that You have one excel to upload after you met all conditions.

If that is the case, Can't you change before upload in Alerting with Tab delimited and then upload?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni , I do not know if I have control/ability to change the file that the Qlik Alerting tool attaches, to be honest.  I'm surprised that it's automatically uploading a .csv when it's really a .tsv

This is the only documentation we have:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/alerting/July2023/Content/QlikAlerting/custom-notifications.htm

Thoughts?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@mtkst13 Please help us what exactly and how exactly file is uploaded? Is this manually uploaded for the alerts or this is uploaded from Code? 

mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Good morning.  @Anil_Babu_Samineni , the attachment is autogenerated along with the email itself by the qlik alerting feature.  

R,

Maria

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@mtkst13 I can see we can upload the files and there is no way to attach automate in the Data alerts from Qlik alerting. Maybe it's good to explain more how you do, so that we can offer. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1705933728332.png

mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Greetings,

@Anil_Babu_Samineni I believe that the purpose of the Upload Files button is to upload custom single.hjs or dimension.hjs file when one wants to customize the email message??  Not sure because at the moment, it won't load anything.  Working on getting drives mapped.

R,

Maria

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Andrew_Delaney Any suggestions?