Hi,

I make a table like this; 

InvoiceBatch_tmp:
LOAD * INLINE [
ID, text
1, Ny
2, Ongoing
... to 31 rows...

Then, I use ApplyMap function for each ID to match it against the ID with my  "real" table. 
Is it possible to make a for loop to automatically map these together? So I do not have to do 31 mappings for each ID. 

// Anna 

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should not require a loop at all. Can you a bit more of your script so we can understand what you are trying to accomplish?

-Rob

annagustafsson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try to explain a little better.

In my qvd-file I have statusId which contains a number 1-31. Each number corresponds to, for example, 'reviewed', 'announced', 'invoiced' that I have printed in an inline table to be able to match the number against significance.

Then I have another qvd-file named OrderChange, which contains,  'updated (time/date)', ' orderInvoiceId' and statusId'Today I have made a mapping for each number like this:

Map_Reviewed2Invoice:
orderInvoiceId,
updated
RESIDENT OrderChange where statusId = 1;  // Reviewed

Map_Announced2Invoice:
orderInvoiceId,
updated
RESIDENT OrderChange where statusId = 2;  // Announced

After that, I have the "main qvd-file" where I have fields like 'orderInvoiceId', 'orderId' and the invoice amount, which I use my mappings with in an applymap function, for example: 

ApplyMap ('Map_Reviewed2Invoice', orderInvoiceId) as Reviewed,
ApplyMap ('Map_Announced2Invoice', orderInvoiceId) as Announced

I do this, to be able to know what date the invoice per orderId, has been reviewed, announced, invoiced and so on..The whole Qlik app is too follow upp SLA. 

Hope I explained better now. How can I avoid doing all these 31 mappings?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

See the "Project Phase" example here https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2010/05/use-cases-for-generic-load/

-Rob