cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Elders_VZ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dimension Limitation

We are currently using a template to create our Dimensions based on a certain account structure.  It is a walk from beginning to ending balance while showing  the variance of each account to walk to get to the new ending balance.  But the requirements are to only show Accounts >= absolute value of $15M, the rest of the balance should go into an "Others" Account.  See below for an example of table.  

I have tried using the Limitation on the Dimension by selecting Relative value that is >= with the Fabs formula, but still doesn't work.

We want to show Accounts A though E, but want Accounts F through J to add up and show only as 1

row labeled as Other.

Next month the Accounts that make up the Other may change, so it is not a static expression. 

Is there some scripting that I have to do, or is there a way to define it in the Expression.

Thank you,

Chris

Example:

Account 1 beginning balance    150,000.00  

Account A    (25,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account B      55,000.00 Show these Accounts
Account C    (18,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account D    (16,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account E      30,000.00 Show these Accounts
Account F        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account G        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account H        3,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account I      (2,000.00) Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account J        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other

Account 1 ending balance    189,000.00  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use a calculated dimension for accounts like: Aggr(If(Fabs(Sum(Amount))>15000, Account, 'Others'),Account)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use a calculated dimension for accounts like: Aggr(If(Fabs(Sum(Amount))>15000, Account, 'Others'),Account)