cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-language values in QlikSense application

Hi,

So far, I hadn't been able to find a suitable solution to handle multi-language values in a QlikSense application.

I do not speak about the titles of the objects in the dashboard, but about the values of the records displayed by the objects

So far I've tried 2 options

* having tables "ID, Lablel_Language1, Label_Language2..."-formated

* having tables "ID, LanguageID, Label"-formated

With the first option, using the following kind of formula

"=If(GetSelectedCount(LanguageID) = 1, $(='Label_' & GetFieldSelections(LanguageID)), Label_ENG)"

enables to display expected results, but selecting a field inside such a column makes it "crash" ("incomplete visualization") and in case of tilter pan, no selection can be made (not very useful for such an object)

With the second option,

* set analysis has to be used for every measure in object (to limit to fields with the selected language), but no way do so in filter pan (no measure -> no set analysis), so filters display every items with every translation, whatever is selected as language

* when a value is selected, let say "Sales" in the department filed when English is selected as language, everything's fine. But if you selected a different language, everything becomes empty, since a filter is active on Sales, therefore on English when the language isn't English anymore. So the application is a multi-language one where you cannot change the language as soon as a translated selection has been made

-> Is there a way to display a label but to select the related ID when playing with the label?

Or, more globally: how do/would you handle dynamic multi-language application when dealing with selectable values

Thanks a lot

Nicolas

0 Replies