Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataHound
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Email List In A Variable

Hello, 

My question is in regard to the variable function in Qlik NPrining. I have a  variable that produces a list of 10 email addresses separated by semi-colons. NPrinting is configured to have this variable entered into the recipient field of the email. However, it is not sending. 

When I load the variable as a measure into a straight table it provides the list of 10 emails and the semi-colons are placed correctly. When I copy and paste this list into an email recipient field they function. But in Nprinting using a variable it does not. 

Any suggestions on how to get this to function? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes, I would suggest creating NPrinting groups if you wish to distribute reports to a specific group or groups of users.

Then add those groups as needed to your publish task. 
NPrinting is optimized to leverage NPrinting groups for report distributions.

For additional information about created NP groups, see:

Then add your group or groups to the NP publish task as needed.

Otherwise try using a comma as a separator rather than semi-colon. 

To perform error checking, you can also check the NP scheduler logs to see if there are any other issues with regard the attempt to execute your publish task.

All NP logs can be found on the NPrinting server at c:\programdata\nprinting\logs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes, I would suggest creating NPrinting groups if you wish to distribute reports to a specific group or groups of users.

Then add those groups as needed to your publish task. 
NPrinting is optimized to leverage NPrinting groups for report distributions.

For additional information about created NP groups, see:

Then add your group or groups to the NP publish task as needed.

Otherwise try using a comma as a separator rather than semi-colon. 

To perform error checking, you can also check the NP scheduler logs to see if there are any other issues with regard the attempt to execute your publish task.

All NP logs can be found on the NPrinting server at c:\programdata\nprinting\logs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
DataHound
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the help, Frank!