Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fosterma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Numeric Abbreviation - No DP

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to use Numeric Abbreviation with no decimal places...

I've read a lot of interesting ways to achieve the result i want, however the best way I found was to create a variable in the script which conditionally sets the format and scale based on the size of the figure. eg vScaleNumber(Sum(Sales)). However this can get messy when dealing with many complex measures.

I noticed one of the custom extension objects provides a friendly alternative and wondered if anyone could give me more info on how this might work.

Example: the number 192760; On a Bar Chart this is shown as 192.76k when set to 'Auto'.

I noticed that when I set auto formatting the Multi KPI (Qlik Visualization Bundle) we have the option to set a "Format Pattern" to '0A'.  Which displays the figure as 193k. At first I assumed this was just coded within the extension and couldn't be reproduced easily. However, while experimenting, I found that if I set a custom format of '0A' on a standard bar chart measure, i can see the value very briefly correctly shows '193k' however immediately switches to '192760A'. It made me wonder if the functionality existed outside of the extension with adjustments to the load script. Perhaps it's just a bug or future feature.

Any thoughts are helpful. 

0 Replies