Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikaelFriederich
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense Saas - Cumulative YTD without using RangeSum & Above

Hi, 

Trying to create the Measure below Cumulative that is basically a cumulative YTD calculation applied to the Amount column (Amount = Count(ORDER_ID)). 

That print screen was taken from the desktop app, that natively integrates a cumulative option within the graph components. That's not an option in my context where I need to use the Saas version. 

Qlik screenshot.png

I've seen many articles in the community that suggest to use a combination of rangesum and above but I'm trying to avoid that. 

Coming from the Power BI world, I was used to calculate it with a Calculate(Count(ORDER_ID), ALL(Date), DatesYTD(Date), Date<= max(Date)). The All() removes all context filtering to the measure, and we then filter according to what we need, applying a set varibale max(Date), to ensure a cumulative calculation of the amount month to month. 

I haven't found yet a good equivalent of the All() Power BI function that actually removes the context filtering in a pivot table/graph (here the breakdown by the month dimension), to allow us a to then apply a different filtering for instance in our case on a cumulative YTD basis.

I've tried something with total() in my set analysis, see below, but it's not working:

Count ( Distinct total< [Date.autoCalendar.Year], Date> ${<RECORD_TYPE = {'Declared Transactions'}, Date >=${"=YearStart(MAX(Date))"}, Date<=${"=MAX(Date)"} >} ORDER_ID )

which gives that result:

MikaelFriederich_0-1660844781015.png

Any hints here? 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

try this in cumulative column

RangeSum(Above(sum(Amount),0,RowNo()))

Sunil Chauhan
MikaelFriederich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@zlam , that works but I'm trying to avoid that method that is dependent on how you sort your table.

I'd rather remove the Month dimension filtering, and recalculate my cumulative YTD value month to month.