cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Macro replacement challenge

Hi, we are facing challenges with maintaining Qlikview reports that have macros and users running via IE plug-in set-up.
With recent windows update, the IE plug-in version of report became too slow to handle. I am looking for ways to redesign a specific report, can someone please help out how best I could achieve this functionality without macro? just fyi - we do have qliksense option

Functionality:
Macro 1: Runs on any user selection (document properties -> triggers). 
Functionality: Based on user selection, macro assign values from straight table first row to Qlik variables

These variables are assigned to input box so users can edit them and click on a button

Macro2: Runs on a button click
Functionality: Extracts variable strings and pass them (as arguments) to run a batch script. The output of batch script is a file. VB script macro script reads the content of file and store it back in a Qlikview variable.

Looking for ways to re-design this functionality in Qlikview or Qliksense. I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance! 

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

If you do this in Qlik Sense you can use button actions that will assign the values to variables so that the end user can then change them as desired.

SetVariableAction.png

QlikView and Qlik Sense both permit you do a Partial Reload. Which allows you to invoke the load script again but not have to actually load all of your data again. You can simply invoke the section of code that will do the EXECUTE that you wish to do and reload the data from your integration programs output. 

I created a YouTube video about using extensions in Qlik Sense SaaS. The reason I bring it up is that I showed a demonstrated a really neat extension for doing partial reloads that is very visual while the reload is occurring. 

praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm new to Qlik Sense. Thank you Dalton, your post is enligtening