Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmac1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Rounding issue in QlikView between different apps

Hi,

We are experiencing an issue where some numbers are not matching (off by 1) between apps due to a potential rounding error.

Both apps use the same set analysis/chart options but slightly different data marts. The value is returning the same at mart level but upon reload, is appearing differently on the UI.

if the value is 188.5

app1 might return 188

and app 2 might return 189

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you get different output it is probably because your 188.5 is different in the two applications. 

188.5 can be any number x in interval 188.45<=x<188.55

In that interval all values <188.50 will be presented as 188, while any number >=188.50 will be presented as 189.

Try increasing the number of decimals in your application to see if this can be a valid explanation for the different outputs you see.

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @bmac1,

I agree with @Vegar to increase your decimal places to discover where the differences are. To fix this type of problem, I would ask the client if they have a standard way of rounding their numbers. Even if they don't, the developer should be deliberate about where in the calculation the rounding should be done and always do it at the same place.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant