cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fraxodqvs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Self Updating Filter on Text Field

Hello, I'm trying to save a bookmark with a self updating filter on a text field but looks like I'm not able to do it.

I have a field X with text values and I want to filter the values starting with AAA and those starting with BBB: for a normal filter I would just type AAA* in the search box and press enter, then type BBB* in the search box and press enter again and finally save the bookmark, but in this way the bookmark is not self updating. By self updating I mean that if tomorrow a new value starting with AAA or BBB appears in the field X, the bookmark automatically add that value to the filter.

I was able to create a self updating filter but only for one of the two search strings by typing "AAA*" (so enclosing it with double quotes"), but it doesn't work for both strings (like for example "AAA*","BBB*").

Does anybody have a solution for that?

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Selections/SelectionsToo...

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Selections/SelectionsToo...

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

fraxodqvs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Oleg,

that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much!