Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okarimnvo
Contributor
Contributor

Version control suggestions: For Qlik apps

Hi All

First time poster here. I've been given the job of producing/maintaning our apps which is based on Qlik. Basically, i work for a commercial real estate, and we have quite a few clients whom we serve analytical data in regards to their properties using Qlik.

Its my first foray really into the programming side as I was mostly hardware-based and took up learning coding and such, and thus gotten this role. The basis is that each client gets a base app, then from then on, gets customised to what they need. Its become tedious right now, that I'm trying to find a better way of version control and also trying to get enough time done for each client's needs.

We've implemented a "sprint-style" method, where each week, we collate what we need per client, and prioritise what needs to be done from least to urgent. What im finding hard at the moment is keeping track of all these changes per client per sprint, and I've been using a spreadsheet only to keep track. It does work, but I am dreading this becoming very tedious very fast.

I'm asking for any suggestions on ways to either simplify, or streamline this better. ie: Using a git-style method or something that matter.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
fruityhost
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @okarimnvo,

You can find the solution here.