Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

totals in rows of a pivot table

Hello
got a pivot table with an expression that is giving the below result:

ali_hijazi_0-1700227018492.png

what I want in the second column is to have under AMER 365 and under APAC  473 which are the totals

of my expression in the first column and thus I can calculate the % and cumulative %
4 / 365
2/365

and under APAC
2/473
3/473

my expression is a simple count

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You need to specify all dimensions within the total <Dim1, Dim2, ...> which should be consider (seems to be the horizontal ones) within the aggregation. Further for a simple count you don't need an aggr() and could skip this part.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to specify all dimensions within the total <Dim1, Dim2, ...> which should be consider (seems to be the horizontal ones) within the aggregation. Further for a simple count you don't need an aggr() and could skip this part.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hello Marcus
didn't work
it is displaying the whole total (as if putting total without  including any dimension in <> )
but works if I select AMER or APAC one at a time

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what I want is to aggr to the dimension just before the one not expanded
but don't know how to accomplish this

marcus_sommer

Probably there are more things included within your expression and it might be helpful to comment everything which isn't related to the total-logic. This means to use:

count(distinct Field)
   and
count(distinct total <Dim1, Dim2, ...> Field)

afterwards you may add step by step any of the set analysis again. Like mentioned an aggr() shouldn't be necessary for this - but if you the aggr() you may need to set there and/or within any outer aggregation also an appropriate set analysis as well as using there also a total statement.