Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinicius_rosa
Partner - Contributor III

KPI Empty on Landing Page

Hi everyone.

I had a question about the kpi on landing page.

We made a setup of Qlik Catalog in Jun2020 and Set2020 (i tested two versions for check has a problem on version). in both version i applied a EMR setup. (Qlik Catalog wiht EMR in AWS).

everything works well, the data save in EMR when load data and other resources, but the kpi is always empty (zero or N/A). I check the setup and others options configs in core_env.properties related by metric, kpi  and at this moment i don't found one soluction.

I see in configs in core_env.properties  and some thins what that make it happen this in coments above enable.distribution=true but does not help me to understand the behavior

Labels (1)
10 Replies
qliktechie15

I am also facing the same issue.

Can anyone please help ? Its urgent 

@Christopher_Ortega  @DaveHowland 

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Looks like 'Last Load' is your problem.. it's N/A, which implies the entities were never loaded. 

Can you load one or two of the entities (again, if applicable) and then post a picture of what their tiles look like? 

Thanks! 

qliktechie15

Yes, you're right @DaveHowland  - the entities still show 24th Nov 2020 as the last loaded date though I just loaded them.

Do you know how to fix it please ?

Thanks

vinicius_rosa
Author

For me the issue is solved.

I do follow the steps.

1. in EC2 server i copy the paths of EMR (using scp) for the same path in EC2

/usr/share/aws/emr/emrfs/lib

/usr/lib/hadoop/client

/usr/lib/hive/lib

/usr/lib/hive/lib

/usr/lib/pig

/usr/lib/hadoop

2. I change the hive configurations on EMR, i add the lines in /etc/hive/conf.dist/hiveserver2-site.xml 

<property>

<name>hive.security.authorization.enabled</name>

<value>true</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.security.authorization.manager</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.fallback.FallbackHiveAuthorizerFactory</value>

</property>

3. Restart hive server on EMR

stop hive-server2

start hive-server2

4. run podium-encrypt-util.jar and encrypt user hive.

5. in core_env.properties in check your hive conection and set

distribution.uri=jdbc:hive2://YOUR.EMR:10000/default

distribution.username=YOUR.HIVE.USER.ENCRIPTED

6. Try to reload data.

7. I use impersonation mode on auth in hive, then i need for security reasons install JPAM mode for auth. In this method the auth use only user in SASL, but this steps for me solved the kpi issue.

qliktechie15

How did you find that solution - @vinicius_rosa ?

I will wait for someone else to post a smaller solution and may be also the reason why it happened at the first place ?

vinicius_rosa
Author

The solution for me is hard to found.

I understood when check the EMR is the databases in hive does not create. The catalog load metadata from hive to create the kpi.

Maybe you do check the EMR hive, and use the commands

su - hive

hive (connected the database)

and check if the database has table and data. In my case all was empty. (select data of table);

The documentation about the problems is too short and i learn about eh EMR/Cloudera (is the same "thing" about the features).

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hi @qliktechie15  , 

I see you've piggy-backed on another issue, which is fine, but does require a question or two. 

What version of DC are you using? November release? And is it the single node, or multi node version? 

The steps posted  @vinicius_rosa  are not ones I'm familiar with , but I think they would only apply if you were using multi node. 

thanks! 

qliktechie15

Hi @DaveHowland 

Using Nov 2020- Singe Node

Would appreciate the solution

Thanks

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

please post a picture of the catalog page, illustrating the entities that are not showing properly. 

thanks.