cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Missing target type to create publish target for Qlik Sense

I have a demo environment with QDC version 4.5.1 installed on a virtual machine (single node deployment). I'm trying to create a target in QDC to publish datasets to Qlik Sense Enterprise, but in the available target types I don't have the option to create a target for Qlik Sense. According to the documentation of QDC for QVD's there should be a target type available for Qlik Sense, but it seems this is not available in my environment. During the installation of QDC I have enabled Qlik Sense Integeration. Could this issue be related to the license I'm using? I have a partner license (NFR) for QDC and I am able to ingest data from various sources (not only QVD's).

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
bvz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Maybe to clarify questions around the 2 product offerings first.

1) The first one is called "QDC for QVDs". This version allows to onboard QVDs only (no DBs, no files, no ...) and the only option is to publish QVDs to Qlik Sense Enterprise (no S3 bucket, no DB, ...). In this version there is no "publish" module available at all, so no way to define a target.

2) The second one is the full version of the product, with all functionalities available. In this version, there is no "special" Qlik Sense Enterprise target available. What you can do to enable publish to Qlik Sense enterprise, is to mount a windows share on your QDC Linux box, like you need to do to enable QVD onboarding (the "qvd-share" directory from the "Qlik Sense Integration" documentation).

During the publish process, you would select the option "File on Qlik Data Catalyst Server" from the "Target Type" drop down, and select your mounted linux directory pointing to the Qlik Sense environment.

So the easiest way would be to select the already available "qvd-share" and publish your data sets into it. (but just for demo purposes, I wouldn't recommend it in a production environment, as you publish your data sets into the windows folders where the QVDs are stored)

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I already found the answer to my question in the integration guide (part of the online help). I need to modify en core_env_properties in Tomcat on the QDC server te enable the 'publish to Qlik Sense'  feature.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bvz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Maybe to clarify questions around the 2 product offerings first.

1) The first one is called "QDC for QVDs". This version allows to onboard QVDs only (no DBs, no files, no ...) and the only option is to publish QVDs to Qlik Sense Enterprise (no S3 bucket, no DB, ...). In this version there is no "publish" module available at all, so no way to define a target.

2) The second one is the full version of the product, with all functionalities available. In this version, there is no "special" Qlik Sense Enterprise target available. What you can do to enable publish to Qlik Sense enterprise, is to mount a windows share on your QDC Linux box, like you need to do to enable QVD onboarding (the "qvd-share" directory from the "Qlik Sense Integration" documentation).

During the publish process, you would select the option "File on Qlik Data Catalyst Server" from the "Target Type" drop down, and select your mounted linux directory pointing to the Qlik Sense environment.

So the easiest way would be to select the already available "qvd-share" and publish your data sets into it. (but just for demo purposes, I wouldn't recommend it in a production environment, as you publish your data sets into the windows folders where the QVDs are stored)

Hope this helps.

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank's for your clarification.

Does this mean that adding a dataset to my shopping cart in QDC and publish directly to a Qlik Sense app (as described in the online help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/data-catalyst-qvds/April2020/Content/QlikDataCatalystQVDs/Data%20Catalog...) is only available in QDC for QVD's and not for the full version?

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I already found the answer to my question in the integration guide (part of the online help). I need to modify en core_env_properties in Tomcat on the QDC server te enable the 'publish to Qlik Sense'  feature.

Christopher_Ortega

All functions available in the Catalog for QVD's are available in the full Catalog product.  The QVD product is a subset of the full functionality.  There is nothing unique within it.

I hope this helps.