Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olguita2014
Creator
Creator

Connecting to Oracle from Qlik Cloud leads to error Connection timeout expired

Hi,

Please help me!!!

I want to connect the Oracle database to Qlik Cloud, but when making the connection I have the following error:

Connection timeout expired.

However, in Qlik Sense Desktop it does work.

thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @olguita2014 Please verify if you are using the supported Oracle version and data types on SaaS:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Or...

NoteThis connector is a beta version for SaaS editions of Qlik Sense so there might be few limitaitons.

If they are supported, do let me know which version and data type you are using to check further. Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @olguita2014 Please verify if you are using the supported Oracle version and data types on SaaS:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Or...

NoteThis connector is a beta version for SaaS editions of Qlik Sense so there might be few limitaitons.

If they are supported, do let me know which version and data type you are using to check further. Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
vrn3107
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

@Vinay_B    @olguita2014 , I am facing the same issue , wondering how you were able to resolve this issue.  Can you pls help me with the solution,

joseasanmiguel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same issue as well.
I have tried to connect using Qlik Data Transfer, filling the Host name, port and service name, and it worked properly. However, when i do the same on Cloud (Oracle connector), does not work.
On cloud, instead of type the host name, i entered the IP.

Does this connector work?

Thank you so much.