Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kacchan_ice
Contributor
Contributor

Connector error: Unable to connect to database: Qlik Sense SaaS to Azure SQL Database

I'm new in using Qlik Sense SaaS. I set up a connection to Azure SQL Database, tested the connection successfully, saved the user credentials, and was able to load the data for the first table successfully. However, when I tried to load the data for the other tables, I get the following error messsage:

The following error occurred:
(Connector error: Unable to connect to database:
Error message:
Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: General error)

Has anyone encountered this? How can I establish a consistent connection to Azure SQL Database and keep the user credentials saved? Please help me out.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @kacchan_ice ,

Sometimes it might be caused by a network glitch. How's about now?

kacchan_ice
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, @Jack_Guo .

Thanks for your follow through. It works fine 80% of the time through manual data reload via Data Load Editor window in Qlik Sense SaaS. But, it works only when I hit load data right after testing connection was successful and I saved the credentials once again.

I thought of the network glitch, too. Or, perhaps there's a certain network set up that needs to be put in place? Just thinking of a way that the scheduled auto-reload will be reliable once app is published to production.  For now, I haven't explored this yet as I'm using the 30-Day Free Trial on Qlik Cloud.

Maybe you can share some workaround or practices you know which addresses this issue?

Thanks!