Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcy2408
Contributor III
Contributor III

Internal Server Error 500 using REST Connector but success with the Call URL Block on Application Automation

Hi,

Been querying via a REST Connector Dynamic 365 Business Central, using OAuth authentication by obtain a token successfully for month or two now but since May 1st i'm receiving Internal Server Error 500 when attempting to run script.  This is not therefore related to MS deprecating Web Service Access Keys or Basic Authentication.

Nothing has changed from our perspective in the Qlik app/script/connection and the token that we obtain in our Qlik script, using a POST request to MS is valid, and works when inputting via Postman, MS Power Automate and Qlik's Application Automation using the "Call URL" block, even an OData conenctor works - but with OData we cannot adjust the token which expires after 60 mins) so the token itself is perfectly valid yet the REST connector fails.

We use the REST connector to run our queries and store to QVD for use in multiple reports and dashboards oppose to hitting an API request over and over but, as far as i know just now, Qlik Application Automation cannot write the results to a QVD so it's not a viable option to complete our extracts in an automation.

We have tested this with our Qlik Partner on their demo tenant and they receive the same error so it's not tenant specific and as it works across a number of different platforms successfully i can only think the response is now (since 1st May) being blocked somehow by Qlik - ticket has been raised with support but as yet no solution and the tips being suggested whilst useful are links to other articles nothing technical from Qlik and ultimately no solution.

I'm at a loss now as to what else i could try, ideas very much welcomed?

If it's a case we cannot use Qlik to extract our BC data then we may need to move to PowerBI or an interim step of using Power Automate or Qlik Application Automation to store our extracts  to file/database for Qlik to then read which seems counter-intuitive when Qlik script and REST Connector should have that ability.

Thanks

John 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmcy2408
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I should mark this as closed, we manage to get a solution and involved adding the following Query Headers:

jmcy2408_1-1652818613949.png

Previous we didnt require this until our BC was upgrade to v20.

Hopefully works for you too.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
roelvandeven
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi John,

I have a similar problem.
We have been running extracts reloads from Business Central using OAuth authentication for a longer period but since May 1st we can't anymore. The error in the log says 'Error: HTTP protocol error 500 (Internal Server Error)'.

If I use the same URL, user and key and past this in Google Chrome (on the Qlik Sense server) it works, if I use the credentials on my laptop (Postman) it works, but from the Sense Server using REST it fails.

I hope someone can help us with this.

Kind regards,

Roel van de Ven

jmcy2408
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I should mark this as closed, we manage to get a solution and involved adding the following Query Headers:

jmcy2408_1-1652818613949.png

Previous we didnt require this until our BC was upgrade to v20.

Hopefully works for you too.

Thanks

John