Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense and Office 2016

Since I upgraded to Office 2016 (including Access 2016) I cannot access my Access DB via OLE DB anymore.

I found that there is a new version of OLE driver (version 16.0), but it's not available in Qlik Sense.

Further it's not possible to use a created data connection (Neither System nor User DSN show defined ODC files).

When creating a new Data connection in Windows 10/Excel 2016 you get:

Do I something wrong or need Qlik Sense to be adapted for use with Office 2016?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Let me add, that this connection string was working with Office 2013:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.15.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

Simply changing the version number to 16.0 doesn't work either:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

Result is: connection failed

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i haven't tried an OLEDB connection to access office 16.0 but i think you can create an ODBC connection to it as a system DSN and select 'ODBC' from qlik sense.

One thing though regarding your existing OLEDB connection.. i noticed you are using CONNECT32 in the syntax above which is a 32 bit connection. you may need just a CONNECT (for 64 bit) .

Back to ODBC, you may need to form the ODBC DSN using the 64 bit ODBC administratorin order for qlik sense to see it.  Many modern windows machines have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit ODBC administrator program and i suggest choosing the latter.

Not applicable
Author

I installed the 32 bit Office version and therefore I'm using the 32 bit driver-

found that the ODBC driver for Access was gone when using ODBC administrator as you suggested.

So I installed "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" and defined a User DSN.

With the defined User DSN and ODBC now I can access the database.

Thanks for your hints.