Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobiasW
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

QlikSense Operations Monitor reload generates Warning

Hello everyone,

i got this weird error, that every time we reload the "Operations Monitor" we get spit out a Warning:

"CGenericConnection: disconnection failed, because it's not connected at all."

At the same time an Information in the MS Eventviewer gets generated:

Source: PostgreSQL

"LOG: could not receive data from the client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." (Translated, so might not be the original english information)

Only thing i could realy find to these Message didn't realy fit.

for Example i tested the REST connector, works fine (Monitoring App Error - CGenericConnection: QvConne... - Qlik Community - 113695

Would be thankfull for any kind of advice or help, thanks in Advance!

Best regards,
Tobi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

tldr

You can safely ignore those warnings.

Long version

This is caused by slightly poor script design in that app (and in the License Monitor app too).

• Those apps use a nested call hierarchy where one sub calls another sub etc. 
  • In some of those subs there are calls to the Sense APIs, the repository db, log db etc. 
  • When those calls are done a "disconnect" script command is used to do just that - disconnect from the data source.

That's all good - it's in fact very good development practice to explicitly disconnect. 

But... In these apps there are a few misaligned disconnects, meaning that sometimes there will be a disconnect statement even though one was just done. I.e. disconnecting when not connected to something.
Which gives you the warning in the logs.

Sense is pretty forgiving when it comes to not disconnecting though.. So if you want to get rid of those warnings you can comment out the disconnect statements in the app script. I've done this for the License Monitor that ships with November 2021 and the app reloads just fine. 

Note: Future versions of the monitoring apps may very well fix this issue. Worth keeping in mind when starting to use new monitoring app versions after doing an upgrade of Sense.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

tldr

You can safely ignore those warnings.

Long version

This is caused by slightly poor script design in that app (and in the License Monitor app too).

• Those apps use a nested call hierarchy where one sub calls another sub etc. 
  • In some of those subs there are calls to the Sense APIs, the repository db, log db etc. 
  • When those calls are done a "disconnect" script command is used to do just that - disconnect from the data source.

That's all good - it's in fact very good development practice to explicitly disconnect. 

But... In these apps there are a few misaligned disconnects, meaning that sometimes there will be a disconnect statement even though one was just done. I.e. disconnecting when not connected to something.
Which gives you the warning in the logs.

Sense is pretty forgiving when it comes to not disconnecting though.. So if you want to get rid of those warnings you can comment out the disconnect statements in the app script. I've done this for the License Monitor that ships with November 2021 and the app reloads just fine. 

Note: Future versions of the monitoring apps may very well fix this issue. Worth keeping in mind when starting to use new monitoring app versions after doing an upgrade of Sense.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!