Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST API Connector - Multi-table

I've just started using the REST API connector - which is a great tool.

I am connecting directly to an instance of ServiceNow, and the specified URL is table dependant and wondered if there is a way of 'parameterising' the URL in the connection so that I don't have to create a new connection in Sense for each new table?

https://(instance).service-now.com/api/now/table/tablename

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chancekbarkley
Partner - Contributor III

John,

Look into the "With Connection" keyword as documented in Qlik Help. This allows you to override the base URL.

You may be able to define a control table with the list of table URLs or table names and pass that value as a parameter within a loop. I've sometimes found that if dollar sign expansion with $() does not work, ${} with brackets will.

I tried this unsuccessfully with another REST API, but that was only because there was a randomly generated parameter per table that I could not statically define in my control table/loop, otherwise the method seemed to work as expected. Perhaps ServiceNow works differently and you won't have this issue.

HTH,

Chance

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chancekbarkley

John,

Look into the "With Connection" keyword as documented in Qlik Help. This allows you to override the base URL.

You may be able to define a control table with the list of table URLs or table names and pass that value as a parameter within a loop. I've sometimes found that if dollar sign expansion with $() does not work, ${} with brackets will.

I tried this unsuccessfully with another REST API, but that was only because there was a randomly generated parameter per table that I could not statically define in my control table/loop, otherwise the method seemed to work as expected. Perhaps ServiceNow works differently and you won't have this issue.

HTH,

Chance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Chance - I'd not heard of that capacity before and certainly looks to be what I need

** Update ** works perfectly, nice one

I did it passing in some limit parameters but I'm sure you could add that to variable if required or a peek if you had a list of tables to spit through a loop.

devvratparashar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello John,

I am also trying to connect service now with rest api connector  but I am not able to fetch all the tables & I do not want to create separate connections for each tables , can you please let me know how you are doing this ?

It would be really helpful , if you share the sample code .

I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance .

Ilhui
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you solve it? 

I'm in the same situation and looking for a solution.

ilhuicahua
Contributor
Contributor

@chancekbarkley , how do I define a control table?

I'm in the same exact situation but I don't  know what are you referring to a control table.

Could you or someone else elaborate a little more on the solution?

Ilhui
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Anonymous could you explain a little bit how did you do it?

I'm confused how to do what you posted.