Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFPMartins
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Read csv from Email attachment (Outlook 365)

Hi all,

I'm on Qlik SaaS and I need to consume a csv file that sits on an Outlook 365 email account.

Can I do this using a Qlik Sense app or Automation?

I've connected to the email box using a Qlik Sense app and the Outlook 365 connector, but I can't seem to read or store the attachment, it comes as a octet-stream.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @RFPMartins 

Did you follow the steps in the following instructions accurately. 

After authenticating your connection to Outlook365, were you able to see the needed fields? Were you able to insert any of the fields into the load script?

Did you try a different attachment such as xlsx? Were the results the same?

Hopefully the above will guide you in the right direction.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
RFPMartins
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Thanks for the reply!

I can access the email, the issue is that I can't find a way to access the contents of the attachment using the connector.

I can read the to, cc, bcc, subject, even the list of attachments, but I can't seem to get to the file contents.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @RFPMartins 

Try this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/trusted-documents-cf872bd8-47ec-4c02-baa5-1fdba1a11b53

If the above doesn't help, perhaps start a support request. Reading attachments should work according to your help site on this topic.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Integrated_Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connect...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!