Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Write metadata to SharePopint?

Hi,

Has anyone managed to STORE metadata to a SharePoint list? The native Office_365_SharePoint_Metadata connector available in SaaS only seems to have the capability to LOAD metadata.

Thanks//Peter

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your reply (and sorry for my tardy response :)). We have set up a solution like your suggestion , but rather sending e-mails we deliver a CSV directly, from QC via the connector, to a SharePoint folder which in turn is processed by Power Automate. It works fine.

My question still remain, would it be possible to update/append an existing list in SharePoint directly from QC via a connector or REST API? Has anyone solved this? RGDS//Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@peterstalberg Please have  a look here: (1) How to send reports from N-Printing to Sharepoint | LinkedIn

This is same situation, but in case if file size is high then let us know. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your reply (and sorry for my tardy response :)). We have set up a solution like your suggestion , but rather sending e-mails we deliver a CSV directly, from QC via the connector, to a SharePoint folder which in turn is processed by Power Automate. It works fine.

My question still remain, would it be possible to update/append an existing list in SharePoint directly from QC via a connector or REST API? Has anyone solved this? RGDS//Peter

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,

You could try using an automation, connect to SharePoint and use the following blocks:

- Get List
- Create List Item
- Update List Item

together with Qlik Cloud Services connector and Get Straight Table Data 

Maybe that would be a way forward?

Best,

Björn

peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Björn,

Thank you for your reply. Possibly, this could be the way forward to solve this in an elegant way. I'm not super familiar with Qlik automation hence not sure how to solve this in detail. Perhaps there will be a template available in the future for this workflow. RGDS//Peter 

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

In its most simple form, the automation workflow could look something like the following:

Bjorn_Wedbratt_0-1707901395340.png

- Get the list from SP based on SiteId and ListId. SiteId can be retrieved using lookup, but the List Id one need to figure out in SP (it's a GUID similar to 2d70a657-8c6e-4f2e-ae5b-6dfeaa0da430)

- Get straight table from an app (straight table must exist within the app)

- Loop through each row in the table and create an item in the SP list

This will simply append to the list so if there's a need for logic such as update/delete it needs to be built into the workflow. Also, as mentioned above the straight table must exist in the app and one need to consider how and when to trigger the workflow based on requirements. 

There is another approach for a solution, using Graph API and the REST Connector in the script, although this is quite cumbersome imo and not something I would recommend unless there's a strong justification for it. 

All the best 

Björn