Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Antivirus removed Qlik Sense Engine.exe

Hello everyone,

A customer installed Kaspersky on the Qlik Sense server, but did not apply the necessary exceptions to the antivirus, and the antivirus ended up deleting the engine.exe from the c:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Engine folder

How can I restore this file? I tried to repair the installation, as a requirement I must remove the patch, but it registers an error not finding the Engine.exe file.

Should I perform an uninstall and reinstall and recover from backup?

Regards

Joseph

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

I tried to put the Engine.exe in the folder but this didn't work. Neither windows nor Qlik Sense recognized the Engine service.
But it helped me to uninstall the patch, unfortunately the repair did not work.
I had to uninstall and install again, but I had a problem with QSR_Backup.tar being overwritten with an empty database. I had to restore it with a copy from 1 year ago.
The Qlik Sense service started correctly and I was able to access the console and the hub and open applications. The issue that in the shared storage there are 135 applications and in the console there are 101 applications, which was 1 year ago.
How can I export the apps from the shared file and convert them to qvf and re-export them in the QMC, or make Qlik sense recognize new apps from the share storage?

I tried to put the .qvf extension on them and import them through the QMC but an error appears when opening them from the hub "Error null version"

Regards

View solution in original post

JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario 

The qvf import error is due to the following bug, after applying the patch on August 4, 2021 I was able to import the applications. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Error-Invalid-Version-null-received-when-imp...

Unfortunately I have to recreate the data connections, streams and reload tasks manually from last year.

Regards

Joseph

Albert_Candelario

Hello @JosephMoralesVidal,

Is now all sorted?

Let us know if any challenge is still faced.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

For now, I have recovered the operation of Qlik Sense, with this everything would be finished.

Regards

Jsoeph

5 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Would it be possible to install the same version and patch on another server and then just copy/paste the engine.exe file into its folder? So you do not need to uninstall completely, install and then restore a backup.

Please ensure other files on the same folder where not removed.

Cheers,

Albert

JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I tried to put the Engine.exe in the folder but this didn't work. Neither windows nor Qlik Sense recognized the Engine service.
But it helped me to uninstall the patch, unfortunately the repair did not work.
I had to uninstall and install again, but I had a problem with QSR_Backup.tar being overwritten with an empty database. I had to restore it with a copy from 1 year ago.
The Qlik Sense service started correctly and I was able to access the console and the hub and open applications. The issue that in the shared storage there are 135 applications and in the console there are 101 applications, which was 1 year ago.
How can I export the apps from the shared file and convert them to qvf and re-export them in the QMC, or make Qlik sense recognize new apps from the share storage?

I tried to put the .qvf extension on them and import them through the QMC but an error appears when opening them from the hub "Error null version"

Regards

JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario 

The qvf import error is due to the following bug, after applying the patch on August 4, 2021 I was able to import the applications. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Error-Invalid-Version-null-received-when-imp...

Unfortunately I have to recreate the data connections, streams and reload tasks manually from last year.

Regards

Joseph

Albert_Candelario

Is now all sorted?

Let us know if any challenge is still faced.

Cheers,

Albert

JosephMoralesVidal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

For now, I have recovered the operation of Qlik Sense, with this everything would be finished.

Regards

Jsoeph